Monday, June 18, 2007

About Author Daniel Quinn and His Books

In case you don't know who Daniel Quinn is, haven't heard of Ishmael, My Ishmael, Story of B, or his other works, you can read more about the author and his ideas at this site. Here is the text of a speech he gave at a homeschool conference in 2000. From the website The Friends of Ishmael is a brief description of the main message of Quinn's writings:

Quinn's writings expose the roots of, and cultural myths behind, the most pressing social and environmental issues facing humanity today.

He is not writing about homeschooling in his books--he is writing about our culture at large.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Christy said...

I wrote a few posts about Ishmael and My Ishmael when I read them. If you are interested in my reactions.

http://farmdreams-christy.blogspot.com/2007/03/ishmael-warning-dismal-post-ahead.html

http://farmdreams-christy.blogspot.com/2007/04/my-ishmael.html

Silvia said...

I actually read your posts and commented on one, I think! Small circle.