Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Eight Things About Me

Ok, I was hoping to just read others' posts on this meme, but looks like I've been tagged!
Who would do such a thing to me? It was Antonia Penny (sorry Penny!) at Yellow House Homeschool. Go visit her site!
The Rules are:
Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves.
The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.
At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

1. Once I started down the road of homeschooling, I realized I was a libertarian, and I really can't stand the government's presumption of knowing me and my needs better than I do (or that of my family). How rude! I'd recommend Ain't Nobody's Business if You Do: The Absurdity of Consensual Crimes in a Free Society to get you started. And then The Law. And then any libertarian book or web site.
2. My dream is to buy a small house in Italy before our retirement, to spend half the year there and half here in the US. I'd like to start living there by the time Thomas is on his own.
3. I haven't eaten breakfast yet and I'm still in my pj's. Where are my priorities?!
4. In high school, I memorized at least 30 German past participles (regular and irregular) for a quiz, the night before the quiz, by going through the list about 4 times with my father. (He'd give me the infinitive and I'd give the past participle.) He was ready to stop helping me after the first time through the list because I knew fewer than half of them--waste of his time! I persuaded him to go through the list again, and by George, I knew most of them that time. :) Short-term memory is a good thing.
5. I love foreign languages, linguistics, history of languages, where they came from, where they're going, you get the idea. English is a great subject to get started with this obsession interest.
6. I love to garden but I'm a lazy weeder. And I like plants that don't need me in order to survive. Except for cantaloupe and tomatoes--them I'm willing to help a lot!
7. I enjoy doing laundry but it can take me a week to put away my clean clothes. Why is that?
8. I'm not a good swimmer. But I'd like to be.

I'm tagging Lill at News from Hawkhill Acres, Susan at Imperfect Genius, Melissa at The Lilting House, Elizabeth at Charlottesville Words, Erin at Lucky Momma, John at ParkHaus, BK Marcus at lowercase liberty, and anyone else who wants to participate. Just let me know in the comments if you do so I can check out your post.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Yellow House Homeschool said...

Very cool, and all your political posts are very interesting. You said you like doing laundry??!!!.... No, I must have misread : )