Thursday, June 14, 2007

Flowers on Hens and Chicks Coming Soon!

I never realized that hens and chicks would produce flowers. I must have been doing something wrong for the past few years! But I saw these shooting up from the plant and thought, that's funny, I've never seen them grow up before . . . So then a few days after I took this picture: I looked more closely at the tip and saw what looked like closed flowers. I think this must be the Sempervivum tectorum variety. I can't wait to see how they turn out!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Kathy said...

Mine do! Hens and chicks are one of my favorite plants...probably because my grandmother grew them and I enjoyed tearing them into bits. :( I have some now, that are flowering. They're one of the few things that grow in Florida sand well...mine are planted out by my henhouse...subtle pun, huh?