Monday, June 11, 2007

Should We Call Him Boris or Aragog?



Eddie was turning around to put something on top of this blanket in our bedroom and saw this guy/gal staring at him. I took three pictures, and each time, one of the eyes lit up from the flash. Wonder where the other 7 were looking . . . It must be some sort of wolf spider. There are over 200 kinds.









Emily's hand for comparison purposes.







For those not familiar with The Who's song Boris the Spider:

Look, he's crawling up my wall
Black and hairy, very small
Now he's up above my head
Hanging by a little thread

Boris the spider
Boris the spider

Now he's dropped on to the floor
Heading for the bedroom door
Maybe he's as scared as me
Where's he gone now, I can't see

Boris the spider
Boris the spider

Creepy, crawly
Creepy, crawly
Creepy, creepy, crawly, crawly
Creepy, creepy, crawly, crawly
Creepy, creepy, crawly, crawly
Creepy, creepy, crawly, crawly

There he is wrapped in a ball
Doesn't seem to move at all
Perhaps he's dead, I'll just make sure
Pick this book up off the floor

Boris the spider
Boris the spider

Creepy, crawly
Creepy, crawly
Creepy, creepy, crawly, crawly
Creepy, creepy, crawly, crawly
Creepy, creepy, crawly, crawly
Creepy, creepy, crawly, crawly

He's come to a sticky end
Don't think he will ever mend
Never more will he crawl 'round
He's embedded in the ground

Boris the spider
Boris the spider


And you can read song facts here.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Cool picture!

Silvia said...

To tell you the truth, I was afraid it would jump at me when the flash went off. :) It didn't, so I took 2 more pics. Maybe it wanted a bit of fame!

granola*girl* said...

It creeps me out just looking at the pictures! It looks huge... I would have been screaming bloody murder. lol

Silvia said...

Yeah, I think it had about a four inch leg span from side to side. Ick.