Monday, July 30, 2007

Albemarle County Fair Starts Tomorrow

We went this evening to enter items in the fair. Last year was the first time we had ever entered anything, and we were really happy to have won some ribbons. We headed over to the Greene Co fair, too, right after that, and won some things there as well.

Emily has 15 items entered in several categories, including photography, sculpture, painting, recycled, vegetables, "I Hoe to Grow," sewing, and jewelry.
Thomas entered 7 items, including photography, ceramics, and "I Hoe to Grow."
Eddie entered 4, in photography and floral (a variety of phlox).
I entered 12 items, in photography, fruits and vegetables, eggs (smallest and strangest), floral, sewing, and jewelry.

I think we're going to head over there tomorrow night to see if we won anything, and eat funnel cake, and let the kids have a go on the rides. It's $8 for a wristband to ride all night, tomorrow only!

You can find out about other Virginia county fairs here and at here.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Waldo said...

I was there last night, too, entering ~ten photos. Good luck to y'all with your entries!

Tonight is the night for the fair. I've taken the day off work for my birthday, and I do believe I'll be spending the evening at the fair. You just can't beat $8 to ride all night.

Silvia said...

Well, Happy Birthday to you! I'll be sure to check for your pictures.