Wednesday, August 15, 2007

da Vinci's Kinematic Mechanisms

My brother has created a new blog--

da Vinci's Kinematic Mechanisms

Wherein I chronicle the creation of Leonardo's machines in three dimensional space.

Purpose
I've been interested in creating reproductions of Leonardo da Vinci's machines and automata using 3D software for some time. I'll document the process here as a sort of loose tutorial in rigging mechanical devices.


Looks like it will be really fun! And let's all be glad that I'm not attempting this. :)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Gloria said...

I took a look at it and I'm loving the concept already. Da Vinci is one of the intriguing people in history. I hope he maintains it!

Laura said...

Wow! I bought a book at a homeschooling conference last year called "How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci" - it's very cool. I bet my son will be very interested in checking out your brother's blog.