Monday, October 01, 2007

From Atlas Shrugged

This is a YouTube video (HT: The Liberty Papers) of John Galt's message:

I'm going to have to re-read Atlas Shrugged. I read it just about 3-4 years ago, but it's a book I could definitely read again. Looks like there's a full movie version in production. I enjoyed the story as a story, and I think that the philosophy behind it is worth giving thought to, if only to help solidify your own code of reason or morality, and your views on economics.

I only took one philosophy class in college (Introductory Logic), which I loved, but which doesn't help me so much with this stuff, and one economics class (micro-economics), so I have a lot of catching up to do. Not to mention all the other subjects I missed out on! I really wish it were as easy as uploading the information to my brain, like they do in the Matrix. :)

Some related links:
The Ayn Rand Institute and their Suggested Reading page
Objectivism
Wiki article on Ayn Rand
The Atlas Society: The Center for Objectivism, and their magazine, The New Individualist
The Center for the Advancement of Capitalism

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: