Thursday, October 25, 2007

Model Rocket Engines and Resources

I just happened to discover that Target sells Estes model rocket engines--3 for $4.99 (at the store). I only saw the B6-4 and C6-5 sizes available. But they are cheaper than the local hobby shop's prices. I think they well the same ones for close to $9, and Target's package contains recovery wadding as well. I'm not sure why they sell them, though, because there was only one model rocket to be had on the shelves. Here's another source for engines and other rocket supplies.

Related sites:

We've really gotten into rockets since mid-September, and my brother's birthday package for Thomas contained several rockets, plus a cool Ornithopter and a rubber band-powered helicopter. Note: they're really not as EZ as they claim to be--at least not the Ornithopter--but it sure is keeping me busy. :)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

whimsigal said...

Hey Sylvia!

We're in Charlottesville until lunchtime tomorrow.

How close is close? :)

email me at unschoolingwhimsigal@gmail.com

Evie

Dawn said...

Oh cool! My husband just brought a rocket kit home the other day. We're doing the periodic table and this one is a hydrogen one so he thought it would fit in well.

And he wanted to make something go boom. I'm actually pretty sure that's the real reason he got it. :)

Renae said...

Thanks for sharing the links. Maybe it is time to dig out the rockets we purchased in the spring.