Monday, October 15, 2007

Thanks to AlbemarleFamily.com

I visited AlbemarleFamily a week or so ago and entered their online contest to win tickets to see the UVA Womens' Soccer team play Clemson--and we won! We had a great time at the game, even though it was a tie. It was the last home game of the season, and they had a small ceremony for the four seniors on the team.

The kids hadn't been to a live soccer game at this level before, and Emily especially enjoyed it. Thomas bought himself an orange fuzzy wig to wear, and both kids waited after the game to get the team's signatures.

I had a nice conversation with an older gentleman who is originally from Italy, the same region as where my mother is from! (I think he said Latina, specifically.) He explained some of the action on the field to me, because despite being half Italian, soccer doesn't run in my veins. :) Although I did see a game at the Stadio San Paolo when I was there in 1991-92, in Naples. And he thought the reason that soccer hasn't caught on (for TV) here in the US as it has in Europe is because there aren't time-outs or other breaks to fit in the commercials. Could be!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: