Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Funny School T-Shirt

We were at the mall on Sunday and I saw a boy wearing the funniest t-shirt. It had a picture of a school chair and the words "Ancient Torture Device" above it. I asked him where he'd gotten it and he thought maybe at Gap. They didn't have it, so I checked online and found out that it was a t-shirt that Old Navy had sold over the summer. There was even one for sale on eBay, but in the wrong size for my kids. So I made my own. :) Haven't printed anything out yet, and I changed it from what the original one was. Here it is:



What do you think? My kids wouldn't even have understood the chair by itself--I don't think they've ever sat in one of those things. And as a lefty, I can tell you they really were torture to sit in. Never was one for a lefty in some of my classrooms, in others they were all shoved to the back. You righties ought to try writing with your elbow hanging in the air sometime. I won't get into all the torture we know happens on school buses. You've been there, you can figure that out for yourself. I think I'll print up a bunch of these . . . Sell them at the unschooling conferences.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

jugglingpaynes said...

Yes! Thank you! I'm a lefty too. You are only the second left handed homeschooling blogger I've met (although many bloggers are teaching their left handed children at home!)
I love the t-shirt!

Silvia said...

Well, we'll have to start a lefy-blogger movement and come up with a badge to identify ourselves with. :)

Summer said...

LOL I love it! I'll take 2. :)

I'm a rightie, but both of my sons are lefties. My uncle tells them horror stories of teachers who would smack hands and force lefties to write with their right. Eeek!

piscesgrrl said...

Funny tshirt! My friends call the bus the "big yellow child sucker" in the morning, and the "big yellow child spitter" in the afternoon. LOL And before my son went to school for the first time we bought him a tee that said "How to skip school: 1)fake sick, 2)wait for mom to go to work, and 3)hang with buddies" with funny stick-figure graphics. My son thought it was hilarious that we bought that before he even went!

good idea for selling at the conference!

Sherry said...

I love it! Old Navy should make some more.

Roderick T. Long said...

"I don't think they've ever sat in one of those things"

That surprises me, because in college (at least the one I teach at) the classrooms are full of those things.

Silvia said...

@Roderick--my kids are now 13 and 10, so they've never been to college. :)

Cade Halada said...

Similiar ancient torture devices t-shirt is at this cafepress store - Kid Prison

Silvia said...

That's great, thanks for linking it!

Dennis Wilson said...

A couple of more images available on CafePress items here
http://www.cafepress.com/artemiszuna/7268596
and here
http://www.cafepress.com/artemiszuna/7268630