Thursday, November 08, 2007

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Eddie and I thought the kids would get a kick out of this movie, so we got it through Netflix last week. They thought some parts were funny and some parts they just didn't understand. Emily was particularly offended by the French throwing animals over the castle wall, even though I explained they weren't really hurting any animals. And that a rabbit would get his revenge on a lot of the knights. :) She still judged the movie by how it treated the animals. I guess British humor is something that grows on you, because I thought it was great. Thomas watched and laughed, but was confused by a lot of it, too. Of course, a lot of the dialog is difficult to understand the first or tenth time through!


Some lines/scenes I particularly enjoy:

  • Knights Who Say Ni;

  • It's a Scratch;

  • It's Just a Flesh Wound;

  • Run Away!;

  • What do you mean? An African or European swallow?--I don't know that;

  • I'm not Dead;

  • I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous collective.--You're foolin' yourself! We're living in a dictatorship. A self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working class...

  • Well, that's no ordinary rabbit.
Maybe they need to watch it a few more times . . .


Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Jenny-up the hill said...

LOL! We say "It's just a flesh wound" all the time!

Just stopping by for Mad Click Monday. I have limited time this evening, but I've bookmarked you so I can come back later...you've got lots of homeschooling links I've not seen! Cool!