Saturday, December 22, 2007

Procrastination

Or, to paraphrase Carly Simon,

Procrastin-a-a-tion
Is making me late
Is keeping me waiting

I'm supposed to be getting something done for the holidays today, right now, I'm sure of it. We've got a family White Elephant gift exchange/party this afternoon. We have a gift, but we're out of wrapping paper. My holiday cards ordered through Target/Shutterfly haven't arrived yet--maybe they'll come today so I can postmark them by the 24th?? I have some presents still in transit to me, so I can turn around and mail them to recipients. I need to buy groceries. I have a cool Christmas gift that needs a lot of time to complete, and all the other family members, one of whom is hunting this morning.

From the Academic Skills Center at CalPoly:
Procrastination is a complex psychological behavior that affects everyone to some degree or another. With some it can be a minor problem; with others it is a source of considerable stress and anxiety. Procrastination is only remotely related to time management, (procrastinators often know exactly what they should be doing, even if they cannot do it), which is why very detailed schedules usually are no help.

Yeah, yeah. I hear ya. (Actually, the document is pretty interesting. Maybe I should read more on the subject . . .)

But I just uploaded another video, so I thought it would be better to blog about it instead. This one's another buck, and a bonus clip of a cute raccoon. He looks a lot bigger than the one that was in my chicken coop.




If you've gotten all your holiday stuff done, then by all means, feel free to view these two videos also. But only if you're done!

This is of a doe trying to figure out what Eddie is, exactly.


And this is just several deer walking by.


None of the animals shown were injured in the making of these movies. :)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

piscesgrrl said...

Done? Why do you think I'm surfing blogs? Procrastination is my middle name!

Thx for the comment on my latest post - what's CoH?

Hope you get your stuff done! My holiday cards aren't out because my printer died yesterday. Oh well - January greetings anyone?