I haven't updated the recent carnivals in two weeks, so here's a lot of reading for you! I always like to start out with:
The Carnival of Homeschooling: Leaving a Legacy, and this week's (#109) is hosted by Tiffany at Life on the Road:
"Being 8 months pregnant, there’s not really much else that spends a lot of time on my mind these days (have you voted in my Baby Pool?), so naturally the theme of the carnival had to fit in with that somehow. A tall order, you say?
Children are a gift, and the responsibility we have to the future is so huge as to be overwhelming. As homeschoolers, I feel we are taking a far more active role in the training of our children, and have far more opportunities - with every moment of every day - to impart the knowledge, wisdom, traits and values that we feel are important . . . to leave a legacy."
The previous week's was hosted by Alasandra at Alasandra & the Cats: American Literature Edition, #108. She said:
"Some non-homeschoolers think homeschoolers are weird? Homeschoolers are normal people, we just made a different educational choice for our children. But if you want to read some seriously weird stories try The Dreams in the Witch House And Other Weird Stories by H.P. Lovecraft."
In case you're looking for other types of homeschool blog carnivals, the Cates have a listing of some at Why Homeschool.
Then there's Make It From Scratch, #49 over at GreenStyleMom. "Welcome to Make It From Scratch! I love this blog carnival because making anything from scratch is usually much more "green" and good for the soul. So let's get on with it..."
MIFS #48 was hosted by To Motherhood and Beyond.
Here are a few other carnivals of interest:
- Carnival of education #155, at the Median Sib, and #154 at Eduwonkette.
- Carnival of the recipes #19, featuring "recipes of comfort"at Hillbilly Willy, and the next should be out today sometime.
- I and the Bird #67, at Trevor's Birding: Let's all go on a birding holiday.
- January's carnival of Children's literature, at Wizard's Wireless.
- Here's a new one for you: the Festival of Frugality, week 108, Quotable Edition, at Frugal for Life.
- Tangled bank #97: the Frozen Bank, at The Inoculated Mind.
These are the ones we're still waiting on:
- Festival of the trees, February 1
- The History Carnival, February 1
- Unschooling voices, February 1
- Learning in the great outdoors, February 4 (I'm hosting! Please send your submissions to this link.)
- Principled government, February 11
What are you waiting for? Get reading!