Here's the link. "The trends and events that most changed our understanding and our world
The top 100 will be released in groups of 10 over the course of the month. Check back to see all of the science stories that made it." If you're a subscriber, you've already received the issue with all the stories.
Some of the ones I enjoyed:
- Can Vitamin D Save Your Life?--New studies highlight the importance of the forgotten vitamin.
- T. Rex Time Machine--Iconoclast Mary Schweitzer isolates 68-million-year-old proteins and finally proves the kinship of dinosaurs and chickens.
- Controversy Over Cervical Cancer Vaccine--This past year, several countries and at least 24 states in the United States introduced laws to mandate vaccination against cervical cancer for preteen girls...
- Tooth DNA Dates The First Americans--It’s probably the happiest root canal ever...
- Ceramic Tubes Rein in Carbon Dioxide Pollution--Small ceramic tubes resembling fine drinking straws could be used to cut greenhouse gas emissions from power plants, at the same time producing useful by-products—including coffee and soda.