Thursday, February 07, 2008

Fudge Brownies

Emily decided to try a fudge brownie recipe from the New Cook Book by Better Homes and Gardens. She's now made the recipe about 3 or 4 times, in a week, and I only helped her the first time. They taste like brownies should, but I personally don't think they deserve the "fudge" title. They seem too cakey to me. But that's not to say they're not worth making. :)

I thought it would be fun to do a photo-documentary of her work. First--I love our cookbook holder--we bought it to go with the cabinets that we installed when we built our first house back in the mid-'90's and took it with us when we moved. If folds right up under the cabinet when we're not using it.


The chocolate, possibly the most important ingredient!
Melting the chocolate.

Fresh-from-under-the-hen eggs, vanilla, and sugar.

Adding eggs--so important to put them in a separate bowl in case there's a bad egg or icky blood spot or shell you want to remove. Ask me how I know.

I believe we were out of all-purpose flour the first time. So this is bread flour. I haven't noticed a difference since she's made the recipe with the all-purpose, though.

Well-greased pan.

All the ingredients mixed and ready to go.

Before baking . . .

And after . . . Yum!

[Update: I added the recipe in another post--be sure to read it!]

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

piscesgrrl said...

Mmmmm, I'll take two, please. :)

jodi said...

Oh, but you didn't share your recipe?! They look decadent and wonderful--the perfect winter-chaser. (Isn't chocolate a food group?)

Silvia said...

You mean you can't read the recipe from that picture? :) I'll post it Friday (I guess that's today already!).