Thursday, March 13, 2008

Is This for Real?

A story from CNN: School clears kids in contraband candy caper.

School officials have decided to go light on an eighth-grader caught with contraband candy in New Haven, Connecticut.

Michael Sheridan, an eighth-grade honors student who was suspended for a day, barred from attending an honors dinner and stripped of his title as class vice president after he was caught with a bag of Skittles candy in school will get his student council post back, school officials said.

This is just, I don't know, unbelievable? Can you hear me laughing? I'm almost speechless. Wait, it's coming back to me. Who gets to decide what we eat? Obviously banning alcohol from anyone under 21 has been working so well at keeping people young and old from drinking to excess that they extended this to candy. I get it. No, I don't. Do you?

What if this extends to the workplace? Especially if you work for the government, where they already control you if you're a government school-inmate -attendee? How hard could it be for any level of government to make a rule or law to keep people from eating candy at work? Aren't they already doing that with smoking?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Summer said...

For candy? That's it? Man, I would have been kicked out of school and never let back in. Sad, sad, sad.