Friday, March 07, 2008

Special Request from the Daily Groove re Jean Liedloff, author of "The Continuum Concept"

This was in my email inbox this morning and I wanted to post it in case you have read the book "The Continuum Concept." And I also really enjoyed Scott's "Daily Groove" for today. :) I think you could apply this to homeschooling questions as well, not just meddlesome parenting questions.


THE DAILY GROOVE ~ by Scott Noelle

www.enjoyparenting.com/dailygroove

--> Note: Today I have a special request at the bottom of this message...



::: Why? :::



The next time some friend or relative warns you that your parenting style is too permissive, do what any self-respecting 3-year-old would do: Ask, "Why?"



"Because children need limits."



"Why?"



Most people who hold this belief have never questioned it. Those who are willing to examine it might notice that life presents children with many, many limits, and maybe they *don't* need their parents to add even more.



But some will answer with yet another unquestioned belief: "Because they need to learn that they can't always get their way."


"Why?"



Be as relentless as a 3-year-old! Now you're getting to the root of the distortion: the scarcity principle.



Maybe he or she is ready to entertain the possibility that we live in an abundant universe -- that life is not a zero-sum game.



Or maybe he or she will resort to fundamentalist rhetoric: "That's just the way things are."




"Why?"





http://dailygroove.net/why


Feel free to forward this message to your friends!



(Please include this paragraph and everything above.) Copyright (c) 2008 by Scott Noelle



::: A Special Request :::



Dear Daily Groovers,

My good friend Jean Liedloff, author of "The Continuum Concept" (The 1975 classic that blew my mind open about the potential for joy in parenting), has sustained a serious knee injury.



If you too have benefited from her book, here's your opportunity to give a little something back.



I know her spirits would be lifted and her healing quickened if she received a brief note from you wishing her well.



I've set up a temporary email account for just that purpose: get-well-jean@continuum-concept.org



I will make sure she receives all notes emailed to the above address. (Please avoid asking questions as she will not be able to reply.)



Thanks,
Scott

"Inspiration & Coaching for Progressive Parents"

http://www.ScottNoelle.com
http://www.EnjoyParenting.com

1044 Water Street, Suite 342
Port Townsend, WA 98368
USA


Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Summer said...

That's one of my favorite books. I need to subscribe to the Daily Grove. When I changed email addresses I forgot to switch it over. Thanks for sharing the note!