Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Clean House is a Sign of . . .

My father gave me a button a few years back that said "A clean house is a sign of a wasted life." He knows I am not a great housekeeper. :) So I was just thinking to myself, after reading this post from the Carnival of Homeschooling, what else could a clean house be a sign of? Play along with me why don't you?

A clean house is a sign of . . .

  • company coming for dinner
  • a good cleaning service :)
  • mom/dad throwing a fit and having a whirlwind "I've gotta clean this up or I'm going to go crazy" moment/hour/week
  • naturally neat children and parents (unheard of around here)

What else? Leave it in the comments. I'm looking forward to hearing these. :)



Related posts:
More on Cleaning House and Perspective
Today's Daily Groove and Purpose

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Wenwe said...

It is a Tuesday morning and WOW is down until 11 game time. You look around and realized you haven't looked around in a while...

Silvia said...

Sad but true . . . :)

Jacqueline said...

Love this! I'm gonna have to do a post about it.

Barbara Frank said...

It's a sign that your house is up for sale! We were on the market for nearly 10 months during 2006-2007, and you never saw such a clean house. We burned out on clean, and now we live happily in dust in our new home ;)

Denise said...

When I was growing up, a clean house was a sign of company coming. I remember feeling hurt the first time I came home from college and my mom had cleaned house for me --- it was almost like saying I wasn't family anymore. Anyway, I think I've passed on the same assumptions to my kids: "Grandpa's coming. Better pick up those books, file those papers, hide those toys... Who wants to do the dusting?"