I'm happy to host this week's (delayed) Travel Food Carnival of the Recipes. My only excuse is that we're getting ready to travel to the Live and Learn Conference, and things have been slipping by me. :)
Let's get started!
- What could be easier for travel than simple fruit? This is one of our own cantaloupe, fresh off the vine. The photo doesn't do it justice. And the chickens loved the seeds we scooped out. I hope they missed some and we get some volunteers next summer. Cut into chunks and put in a leak-proof container--it's really juicy! Don't forget the napkins.
- fightingfatigue presents IC Friendly Recipes: Stuffed Cabbage Rolls posted at IC Disease.
- Sangeeth Raghunathan presents Homemade Delicious Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies posted at Art of Cooking Indian Food.
- Janine Smith presents Cancer-Fighting Recipes posted at FREE RECIPES.
- Teh Fuzz presents Great Foods For Summer Weight Loss posted at Summer Weight Loss.
- And here's Shawn's submission: Tomato-Basil Dip. It can be transported easily and served with crackers, so it's perfect for the car.
- Jenny Furst presents Jennys Scalloped Potatoes posted at Cooking with Jenny.
- Deborah sent in her basic Frittata. [I think frittata makes a good travel food if you like it served cold, too.]
- Cyndi L presents Raspberry Corn Muffins posted at Busy Family Meal Planning.
- Sarah (aka Wacky Hermit) serves up Medieval-style Lentil Pottage!
- Bill sent in Black and Green Olive Tapenade.
- Sour Cream Apple Pie with Crumb Topping sounds great, from East Valley Living Phoenix
- MoneyNing presents Foodbuzz Gathering in OC posted at An Easy Recipe. No recipes, but some yummy-looking foods!
- Jennie W presents Chicken Cornbread Casserole posted at Adam's Brag Book.
- Randy Powell presents Turmeric: Miracle superfood? posted at Eating-Veggies.com: Alkaline Diet blog.
- My entry is my daughter's Homemade Double Crust Apple Pie.
- Stephanie presents Pepperoni Rolls - An errand day lunch solution? posted at Stop the Ride!. [I wish I had time to make these for our trip--maybe I do!]
- Here is Jacqueline's entry in this week's travel food carnival. It is Orzo and Asparagus. It is yummy and travels well either for a picnic or a potluck.
- Marsha Hudnall presents Healthy Recipe: Garbanzo, Feta, and Tomato Salad posted at A Weight Lifted.
- Lorie presents Lemon Orzo with Peas and Fresh Parsley posted at Rice and Beans and Other Fine Things. [Really nice step-by-step photos here.]
- Linsey B. Knerl presents Dump Cake and Other Sweet, Easy Treats posted at Wise Bread.
Thanks for visiting!