Thursday, November 20, 2008

New Trampoline!

Despite all the warnings about accidents, injuries, and possible death resulting from trampoline use, we decided to buy one.

The kids have been on it every day since we put it together--the three of us took about 1 1/2 hrs to assemble it, by the way, even though directions said you need three able bodied adults. It really wasn't that difficult. Here are some pics.

Leaves do accumulate, so they're sweeping them off.




I'm not feeling all that comfortable bouncing around on it, and the only "trick" I can manage at the moment is to bounce down to my knees and back up. As you can see, Emily manages to jump rope on it!
They've found that chalk can be used on the trampoline as well, and cleans of really easily.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

S said...

Looks like fun! I wish our backyard was flat enough for one. :)

Tuesday K. said...

Ahhh, have fun with it!! Ours gets used every.single.day!!! :D

Silvia said...

Our back yard is all downhill, so our small front yard gets all the playtime stuff!

Stephanie said...

Our trampoline was THE BEST investment we have made! We have had it for a couple of years and it gets tons of use.

I have to admit though, not having a net around the edge would make me nervous! There have been too many times when Jason has bounced Kyle off kilter and he has flown only to be caught in the net...

Silvia said...

I've seen nets with holes torn in them, plus I think that if the net is there, they are more likely to do crazy stuff, thinking they'll just bounce back in. So knowing there is no safety net will (I hope!) keep them from bouncing into each other. But either way, it is a lot of fun!

piscesgrrl said...

My husband the insurance agent won't let us get one, but I LOVE trampolines! I was a tumbler as a kid so I did all sorts of cool flips.

Have FUN!