For the first time since we've been married (15 years), Eddie and I are cooking our own Thanksgiving dinner at home with just the kids. My parents are visiting my brother and his family, my in-laws are visiting with friends, and while I'm sure one of Eddie's aunts would be happy to have us over, we thought it would be nice to make our own dinner this time.
So, for those with whom we're not celebrating this year, this is our menu:
- Turkey Breast with Gravy (but I'm not making this gravy recipe), from allrecipes.com, and it's still over 6 lbs! Can you imagine 4-5 of us (if Nick comes to eat with us, too) eating a whole turkey!
- Make-Ahead Turkey Gravy, also from allrecipes.com--made it yesterday
- Mom's Best Stuffing from epicurean.com--Eddie found the recipe and is making this
- Cranberry Jelly (ick, I prefer the whole cranberry sauce, but the rest of them actually prefer this!)
- Candied Sweet Potatoes--maybe, haven't surveyed everyone on this one yet--another from allrecipes.com
- Herb Salad Mix (really good--has cilantro and parsley in it, not sure what else)
- Baby Spinach (Thomas loves spinach)--raw or sauteed or both--not sure
- Pillsbury Crescent Rounds, picked out by Emily--she wanted something flaky like a croissant, but shaped like a roll--they don't show a picture on the site
- Pumpkin Pie (already made by Emily and Thomas yesterday) with whipped cream--recipe is from the Libby's canned pumpkin label