Monday, January 19, 2009

Calling All Grammar Phreaks!

Ok, this is just so funny I felt compelled to write about it. I was reading from The 2,548 Best Things Anybody Every Said, by Robert Byrne (some aloud to Eddie cause they just had to be shared), when I came across this doosey:

Well, I would--if they realized that we--again if--if we led them back to that stalemate only because that our retaliatory power, our seconds, or strike at them after our first strike, would be so destructive that they couldn't afford it, that would hold them off.

Ronald Reagan when asked if nuclear war could be limited to tactical weapons.

Huh? Please, if you feel compelled to diagram that sentence, I would love to see it. What did he say? Is there an answer in that? Is this actually a complete sentence? There must be dangling participles or something in there.

Enjoy. There are more where that came from.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: