Friday, August 28, 2009

Cheering for 13 year old Dutch Sailor

Dutch Sailor Girl Put Under Care

A Dutch court has put a 13-year-old girl under state care for two months, stalling her bid to become the youngest person to sail solo around the world.

The decision by three Utrecht judges means Laura Dekker's parents, who support her plans, temporarily lose the right to make decisions about her.

[ . . . ]

Miss Dekker was reportedly born on a yacht off the coast of New Zealand during a seven-year world trip.

She had a yacht by the age of six and began sailing solo when she was 10.

"Since I was 10 years old, I've known that I would like to sail around the world," she had earlier told Dutch television.

"I want simply to learn about the world and to live freely."



Don't you just love government? "They" know better than just "regular" people. I feel so safe now.




Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: