Friday, August 28, 2009

Free Boys: A Dad's Journey Through Parenting, Learning and Partnering: "Voice and Tone"

From Jeff's blog:
Free Boys: A Dad's Journey Through Parenting, Learning and Partnering: "Voice and Tone"

Just a snippet:

Let’s start with the presumption that, in general and barring severe circumstances like being chased by a tornado or something, we as unschooling parents are trying treat our children and each other in ways that make obvious our love, compassion, and genuine interest for each other. When I view my role as a parent and partner through that lens, I think of words like coach, encourage, inspire, share, listen, learn, breathe, relax, enable, empower, observe, enjoy, etc. These words, taken together, help me paint of picture of who I am when I am at my best and most engaged in the things that really matter in my life.


He says some really great stuff here folks! Go read it.




Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments: