Thursday, December 09, 2010

From Swiss Army Wife: The Secret to My Patience

I really enjoyed this blog post by Heather at Swiss Army Wife:


"No… that’s not it at all. I haven’t been blessed with some magical patience gene. In actuality, I hate waiting and I like instant gratification. Impatience, isn’t one of my better qualities, but as I get older and gain more experience, I learn to cope and try not to negatively affect others with my eager ways.

So what is it then? Why do people compliment me on my patience? Why do I hear “I don’t know how you do it” and “you’re so patient” coming from people outside my household.

It’s not patience. It’s perspective."



Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Garden Grove Termite Control said...

Think of it this way then. If you get impatient, most of the time you get angry. It takes alot of energy to get angry. Lots of muscles in the body to engage when you get angry. Then why not just bare with it?